Sunday, March 25, 2007

i see lanterns

Last Sunday I went to some Chinese carnival thing at Pesta, where they had the... um... Chinese circus thing (dunno what to call it in English =.=) and also a lantern exhibition. This gets its own post 'cos I took many pics there. *g*

The show itself was just OK, I'd seen better ones before, but the lanterns were really cool. Those lanterns weren't the ordinary, pansy-sized ones you carry around while eating moon cakes - they were huge ornamental ones that came in all shapes and materials. There were many, many lanterns there, but here are some of the coolest ones:

Zodiac animals...




A very long dragon (it's mouth moves!)...


Another one made with thousands of CDs...

Yet another one made with porcelain spoons and plates (!)...

A Kuan Yin that spouts water...

... and a couple of big arches.


And besides all these lanterns, there were also people from China selling all sorts of souvenirs and stuff, and guess what... I got my portrait sketched! *heehee*
Heheheheh. My nose and mouth look kinda squashed, and my chin is a bit too long, but other than that it looks pretty much like me. Especially the hair. XD What do y'all think?

1 comment:

nuclear said...

huaaa~~ da zodiac animals so so nice~~!! i didnt even know bout dat festival oso.. swt betul.. hahha!!

anyway, ur potrait.. hmmmm~~~ doesnt look like u lar fresh..da hair nia look like u..ehhehe..u look better in real life tho.. =) oh yah, n ur specs look alike..hehehe..