Sunday, March 2, 2008

jabbawockeez~~~

Ever since watching Step Up 2 last week, I've been bitten by the dance bug. And thanks to my housemate, I've discovered my new favourite show: Randy Jackson Presents America's Best Dance Crew! (Why they put Randy Jackson's name in front is beyond me; other than being the executive producer, I have never seen even the shadow of his face on the show before =.=) If you liked the Step Up movies, you will definitely LOVE this show. It's like American Idol, but for hip-hop dance crews. So cool.

Basically they start off with nine crews throughout the U.S., and every week 1 team is eliminated; so far the competition is in its 5th week now, with 5 crews remaining. My absolutely favourite team is the Jabbawockeez. They have a distinctive style of wearing opera-like masks when they dance, which makes them look kinda like really chubi mimes, and their choreography is always A-W-E-S-O-M-E because of their imagination. Check out this video of their Week 4 performance, where they had to portray characters they were given, in this case, thieves.



If your connection can stream videos nicely (unlike my pathetic connection), go watch all the shows on MTV.com at the link above... gogogo... if not, you can still find their performances and the other crews' performances on YouTube. One dude on YouTube who has all the performance videos is TheRunItMan, go check it out. JabbaWockeez all da way!!!

3 comments:

lesjOs said...

i love step up 2 as well...it is so awesome that makes me feel want to have some dance step on the spot...

feel satisfied after see the show...it do satisfied and make my mouth-drop like some shocking emo...to a dancer like me...hehehe

Silent_Edge said...

The Jabbawockeez's spin on Michael Jackson's "P.Y.T." was really innovative, I'll say. And, the use of the mask eliminates our own tendency to focus on a single person who would do most of the tricks--because now we're looking at all of them in synchronized fashion.

Young Hollywood said...

Jabbawockeez are kick ass.. no wonder they won the contest, and still they remain humble to there performance. found a video reactions from the Jabbawockeez dance crew as well as judges Lil Mama, Shane Sparks, and J.C. Chasez.
Jabbawockeez take the championship