Sunday, March 30, 2008

ooh la la

It is official: I am now some kinda makeup/skincare junkie in the making. I gots some new... er... acquisitions yesterday...



Yep, that's teh double C's you see there. My broke self bought these yesterday:


Chanel's Inimitable mascara, and their new Aqualumiere lip gloss (in shade 69, to be exact :P)

I've always sorta stayed away from Chanel because, well... it sounds expensive. haha... But yesterday they were doing some roadshow thing at Pavilion where you can purchase a RM 200 or RM 300 voucher and redeem RM 180 or RM 280 worth of Chanel stuff, and you get to have a makeover and your photo taken by a totally hot photographer :P So because I have totally no self-discipline, and because it was Chanel, I caved (I previously resisted the Dior roadshow. hehe.) and bought meself a RM 200 voucher. RM 20 was for a hair makeover by some guys from A Cut Above, and the remaining RM 180 went to paying for the stuff I got.

Ahh.... seronoknya aku ni... I got to use Chanel's products for the first time, and they really did make my fugly mug look hella lot better. Or maybe it was the makeup artist? The makeup artist didn't just slap on the makeup but even used abit of cleanser, moisturiser and whatnot first before the makeup. Of course lah, they gotta promote Chanel Precision (the skincare line) as well... And they also write down what stuff they use on you so you can buy it easily next time. So clever.

So... after the whole makeup and hair re-styling shebang, what did I look like?

























Et voila! As you can see, I still look slightly fugly (and a bit miang in that pose), but overall the degree of fugliness has been greatly reduced. Of course, the Photoshop helped a lot, covering up my pimples and all that, but the unedited pictures looked kinda nice already. And my hair looks a bit cacated here, but I really liked the curls they gave me, though I looked waaaay more mature. hehe. Too bad the curls lasted less than 2 hours... sigh. And they put the photos in a tres chic Chanel envelope!! Yes, I'm excited about a Chanel envelope. I'm weird that way. Looky...


Yah... I look different, eh? To make a comparison, here is my fugly self in the au naturel state:


Sacre bleu! The horror. Oh, I forgot to mention... I got new glasses! Because the klutz which is me managed to chip my old glasses, and the chip was too big to ignore. Yah. So I got these, which according to my housemates, look nice on me/make me look like an artist/make me look intellectual/make me look like Ugly Betty. Please select your own interpretation from the above choices. Or come up with a new one.

So... Bedtime for me now, but I can't wait to try my new preciousssss tomorrow when I go to work. heehee.

14 comments:

denise said...

omg. i'm speechless. i always wanted to try one of this makeover thingy but never had the guts to. *thinks overly made-up clown* But you look amazing. =)

frEsh said...

[denise] lol... thanks! :D u should try it if u hv the chance, look what it did for me... hahaha... btw i love inimitable... byebye fiberwig :P

caught u surfing at work! *says d person who's doing the same XP*

mich said...

.........

............

..................

.....................

freshie, i was speechless for while when i saw ur make over pic. i was like....

IS THAT FRESH????????

i shouted at Rei n she said, no that's not her.. but i told her...

ITS HER LAR!!!! ITS FRESH!!!!

fressshhhhiiieee..... u dun look like u at all! its like TWO different person wehh.... omg... so niceee... so pretty.....

but still... eventhough u without that kind of make up.. u're still da fresh dat we know.. da fresh who's pretty naturally in n out... ^^

oh yah, btw... MY DAD GOT MAC BOOK! XP *dont jealous*

Xin Yun said...

xinxian!!! OMG, u look HOT HOT HOT in dat makeover pic!! seriously...

haha, u can just took out glasses, pop in contact lenses, put on some makeup, n u r a diff person!!!

lesjOs said...

i also get very curious when i first see your fully makeover pic...
Its totally another fresh that i know...its so nice looking and confidence...
not "miang" lar...its another fresh that i know...pretty fresh...

Josie Pig said...

Pai seh, have a long period didn't check out ppl's blog. you know what, when i looked at the picture, I thought which model is that, when I looked clearly, only I know is my lovely friend, Fresh, beh tahan. WOW~!!!

frEsh said...

[mich] AHAHAHAHAHA... ur reaction damn funny ler... ehehe... n sumore wana 'chi kek' me huh, tell me abt ur dad punya macbook... *tui*

[xin yun] lol... thx! too bad tho, i'm blind without glasses n dun hv such good makeup skills... haha...

[lesjos] arr... thx thx... hehe... but i still abit beh tahan my pose la... haha...

[josepig] fuyoh~~ ai meh, model pulak... i sure fire any model who looks like dat 1... wahaha...

Josie Pig said...

Because I really cant recognize who's that girl~!!! Good, when you hang out with us next time, u also need to make up like this. *woohoo*=D

--frogGy-- said...

haha...scrolling down the lines..i was so curious to find out wat was ur make over..
it's sooOOOOOOOOOOOO so cool...really nice ler..wat miang pula...tis is top model's posing ler....
haha..u bought the cosmetic dee ma..try n play with them la..

frEsh said...

[josie pig] err... den i ma hv to get ready 3 hours earlier... hahahaha.... my sendiri punya makeup skill not so holiao wor, paiseh... hehehe...

[froggy] haha... thx thx... but d problem is i'm not top model ma... hehe... i play d juz look like... er... gollum but abit prettier lo.... hahahaha...

lesjOs said...

you also admit prettier ler...i think peng is right...you have to make up when next time you come out with us...let us have a big mouth-drop whhhheeeeee......
awaiting ya fresh....

siusiu said...

oh my goodness, xinxian u look so stunning wif de make-over!!! at 1st i scrolled down ur page jus 2 hav an overview n i saw tat pic, i tot it was some hokkie star or smth, lol. so i read de blog n found out tat it was u!!! im sure tat lots of guys wud b salivating aftr seeing it

Ms Fish ~^^~ said...

WOw...fifi...sexy fresh ^^

frEsh said...

[lesjos] arr..... the next time we meet is when worr.... u always so bo eng 1.... hehehe...

[siusiu] ehehe.... thx thx..... but no guys had d response u described.... ahahaha...

[ms fish] *paiseh* hehehe...