Monday, June 16, 2008

me on tv

w00tw00t!! I'm gonna be on TV yo! hahahahahaha.




OK, not really. I'll probably be appearing for all of maybe 0.5 - 1 second... as an extra in a Dettol commercial. heh.

Last Sunday, 8th June, me plus 3 of my housemates went to Maju Junction to shoot a commercial for Dettol shower foam or something like that. Um... yeah, I was there for the whole day and I'm not really sure what exactly was being advertised in the commercial. Sad, I know.

Anyway, I had to wake up at the ungodly hour of 5 a.m. that day 'coz we had to reach by 7 a.m. and we all share 1 bathroom. *sob* So we got there tajam-tajam at 7 a.m. and had breakfast. Oh, and they provided lunch, tea and dinner too. Good eh?

The ad was shot at Equilibrium Gym in Maju Junction. It's a big ass gym, btw. The 10th floor is like, the reception and the locker room, and the 11th floor is where allllll that weightlifting thingies, treadmills, punching bag thingies, exercise balls, and lotsa exercise equipment that I have no idea what they're for are spread out. Here's a really fat looking me in my "costume" outside the gym entrance:


Please ignore my chicken-drumstick-looking legs, overall aunty-ish appearance, and my idiotic grin and pose. It was about 6-ish or 7-ish in the evening when I took this, and probably wasn't totally sane at the time.

The reason for my aunty wardrobe was 'coz the setting for the ad was a yoga class where, y'know, people get sweaty and have to shower and hence have to use the Dettol shower foam thing. So there were a total of 8 people in the "yoga class", with 2 main characters introducing the shower foam through their dialogue.

So shooting started at about 9 a.m., and for about 2 hours after that me and my friend Wai Min were wayyyyyy back in the background doing stretching exercises, and boy was that painful. It didn't hurt that much then, but it hurt for the next 2 days after that. Urrrghh. Funny thing is that I didn't do anything for most of the 12 hours I was there. All I did was the aforementioned stretching exercises, got stuck in a yoga pose for about 1 hour, and walk from a door to a sink for maybe.... 1/2 an hour. The rest of the time I was just waiting and eating and feeling sleepy. And taking a coupla photos. Unfortunately I didn't get to take alot of photos 'coz our bags were... uh.... isolated far far away from us, and there wasn't any way I could get to my camera to take photos even when we were just sitting around. haih. Oh yah... did I mention, I was half blind the whole day 'coz they asked me to take off my glasses during shooting. Anyway...



This is the place where the "yoga class" scene was shot. Really nice place, airy and lotsa light. I hurriedly took this photo during the lunch break where they were packing up to go to the locker room on the 10th floor. Too bad they'd already packed most of the stuff :( but there's still abit of the lighting equipment there.



And this is me! with Jin Rou on the left and Ker Chiat on the right. The wardrobe people reaaally auntified us with those outfits... aih. And we couldn't get a shot of all four of us 'coz nobody was free to help us take a picture :P So here's the photographer for this shot...



Wai Min, one of two of my housemates who're not PR students. heheheh. She's the one who got us this job :)

So after hours of shooting, the director finally wrapped it up at about 8.45 p.m. phew. There were actually only a few scenes, but it took sooooo long 'coz of many rehearsals before the actual takes, and there were many takes for each scene, and a few angles for each scene too. ar. I think after the whole post-production process, the finished ad is gonna be maybe a 10 or 15 second ad. Which means that for each second of the ad an hour of shooting has to be spent. woah.

Btw.... I got RM 150 for that ad. Which means I earned about RM 12.50 an hour... not bad for an extra, eh? XD I wonder when that ad's gonna show... lemme know if anyone sees me. ngek ngek ngek.

6 comments:

denise said...

eh. so fun. and easy money. i want!

nuclear said...

WOW!! syok lar u~~~!!!! tho it's just for few sec but STILL!! FRESH IS ON TV WEEHH... too bad hostel no tv.. or not i'll sure watch that ad.. sigh...

ANYWAY!! I SAW UR CURLS ALREADY!!! YAYYYAAAA~~~~

--Ping-- said...

u r so skinny some more say fat a??aduh...
so syok can earn $$ e i also wan to shoot lo...
which channel the ad is shown a??

frEsh said...

[denise] hahaha. i'll keep u in mind ;) but these don't exactly come by often. unfortunately :(

[mich] ahahaha! maybe after editing everything wif me's gone d leh.... hehe....
aiya bo sio sim let u see my hair d.... hahaha!

[ping] aiyoo my legs really bak ma... i dunno which channel it's gonna show on leh... maybe like tv3, ntv7 or 8tv gua... hehe...

Josie Pig said...

finally I can see ur hair...

frEsh said...

[jpig] hehe.... so wat u think?! aiyo y i blog about such interesting stuff but everyone just wana see my hair... hahaha...