Thursday, December 30, 2010

the year that was

Around this time of the year, you start to see a lot of blog posts everywhere recapping the year that was. And reading this entry of mine which I wrote about the same time last year, it really doesn't feel like a year has passed at all.

2010 was - for a lack of a more descriptive, all-encompassing word - interesting. Learned what it was like to be an Employed Person (TM) and pay my own bills. Got a bunch of crazy colleagues turned awesome friends in the Nuffies. Met lots of new people. Got a few new shiny gadgets. Lost my soul to Angry Birds. Tasted lots of good food (?!) and went new places. Saw stuff that I wrote get published (yeah I damn jakun but it's a big deal to me!). Learned a few life lessons (not the Angeline type though). And some other stuff... some of which I am proud of, some not so much.

But whatever happened, I'm glad I can say that I regret none of it, for I'm not the same person I was a year ago anymore. For the first time in god knows how long, I'm actually nervously optimistic about 2011 and I hope this feeling lasts; too many years have gone by which I've been feeling meh or just utterly, depressingly convinced that the year ahead would be the same shit as before.

So it's also around this time that people start to make resolutions for the new year, right. And I've never really been one to make resolutions, just because I kinda figure I'll probably run out of steam somewhere around mid-January :S Anyway, I can only think of one thing at the moment that I wanna work on, but promise you won't laugh at me. Seriously. And that one thing is...


... to learn how to stick on false eyelashes by myself. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oi why you laughing I said DON'T LAUGH!

But seriously I need to learn this shit because have you SEEN my Facebook photos? T_T The photos of me at the LG Cookie Monster party and Hennessy Artistry (like the one above) are the only ones I can look at for more than 2 seconds and not flinch in horror, because Michelle was kind enough to be my makeup artist both times and she sticks on the falsies like most people breathe. Airuviu Mijel T_T The only other alternative which makes me look like I have eyes in photos would be...


... to wear those Audrey Hepburn sunnies like it's Halloween all year long -.- Sigh. I suspect I'm actually a dude inside because girls are supposed to be born with the innate ability to handle falsies, eyelid tape stuff and all thingamajiggies like that.

Anyway. Happy new year everyone! May you make better new year resolutions than me, and may your 2011 be filled with lots of beer (or equally awesome non-alcoholic drinks for those who don't drink) and double rainbows. woohooOOooOOO

3 comments:

michellezyenn said...

Why are you so cute? Hahahaha! practice sticking lashes okay bb?

Eyriqazz said...

good luck fresh..may all ur wish came true..

Merryn said...

u have to teach me stick false eyelashes too as I'm hopeless at that!

Angry Bird plushie is out.. got one for yerself dy? :P